The B Diploma develops the student coach’s capacity to meet the demands of coaching youth & senior amateur players in a development environment.
The B Diploma was designed for those coaching Youth Standard Based Leagues, College, University and/or Youth Academy players. Priority acceptance will be given to those actively coaching in those environments.
• Valid Canadian C Licence or approved International Equivalent that has been held for a minimum of 12 months
• Currently coaching a youth or senior team
• Valid Criminal Record Check
134 hours (12 months)
• 2 x 3.5 days, in-person (classroom & field),
• Independent Online Learning (asynchronous),
• Collaborative Online Learning (synchronous),
• Collaborative Group Learning (mentor supported)
Coaches must attend 100% of the in-person and online sessions to be licenced.
Upon successful completion of the B Diploma, the coach will receive a coaching licence valid for three (3) years. The licence may be maintained by following the Canada Soccer Maintenance and Renewal Process.
• Application Window: Open from January 2 – March 31 each year. The application form will be turned off at the end of the business day on March 31. No applications received after this time will be eligible for consideration.
• Application Review: All applicants will be screened during the months of April and May, with responses to all applicants no later than May 31.
• Selected candidates will have thirty (30) days to accept their place on the course and pay the course fee in full. If a selected candidate rejects their place on the course, it will be offered to the next suitable candidate.
COURSE FEE: $3,000
Course Fees Include: mentor support throughout course; access to all content delivered during the course; in-person classroom and field rentals; tools used to deliver the in-person, online asynchronous, and online synchronous sessions; and Canada Soccer branded Nike equipment (not including boots and trainers).
Coaches will be required to cover the costs of travel, accommodations, and meals when attending the in-person sessions. Any costs associated with video recording of practical coaching sessions will be at the coach’s expense.