Canada Soccer Club Licensing Program – Categories – Quality Soccer Provider
The Canada Soccer Standards for Quality Soccer are designed to outline the minimum expectations of member organizations in Canada. It is expected that all member organizations provide a developmentally appropriate, safe, enjoyable, accessible, inclusive and welcoming playing environment for their participants, which differentiates it from non-member soccer and unorganized play. In order to be considered as a quality soccer provider, member organizations must also be in good standing with their governing organization(s) and meet the expectations of membership.
Characteristics and Behaviours
- Is located in Canada.
- Is a Member in Good Standing with its governing organization(s).
- Is compliant with the by-laws, policies, and directives of its governing organization(s).
- Has basic governance structures.
- Adheres to Canada Soccer Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Registers all participants with its governing organization(s).
- Has basic management and operational structures.
- Distributes information from Canada Soccer and its governing organization(s) to its participants.
- Has access to appropriate facilities and equipment to provide its programming.
- Provides a safe, accessible, and inclusive soccer experience.
- Provides an enjoyable soccer experience focused on long term participation.
- Operates programming that is aligned to Long Term Player Development stage-appropriate best principles. (RECOMMENDATION)